We just got our Chariot Carriers CX1 all set up for the baby. This is our second Chariot. 6 years ago we bought a slightly used Chariot Cougar 1 when our first son was born. We used it so much from day one that I think he spent more time in there than his crib. We strolled, biked and skied with it for almost 4 years. It was so used that we need a new one for this kiddo.
We had three x-country models to choose from with the Chariot:
- Cheetah- Entry level trailer. The Cheetah is a great value and does everything the Cougar and CX does but we ruled it out because it does not have suspension. Since 90% of our roads are bumpy dirt the suspension on the Cougar and CX models are worth the extra money.
- Cougar- This is the staple in the Chariot line up. It has all the functionality you need plus suspension, padded seats, weather cover, side vents, and better fabric.
- CX- The Porsche of the lineup. It has all the features of the Cougar plus, drum brakes, and deluxe upgrades all around. The cockpit of the CX is all luxury for your little one. I also like that it has removable side windows for hot weather.
We choose the CX over the Cougar because of the nicer interior and higher quality fabrics and wheels for durability. If this child spends half the time Kalden did in his, then it’s worth the extra money. I will keep you updated on how the Chariot CX1 performs as we get out and use it this Spring and Summer.
Here is some additional information from Chariot Carriers:
The ultimate in performance and innovation, the sleek and stylish CX™ is loaded with awesome features. Drum brakes, a five position reversible handlebar, and super comfortable seating are just a few of the great attributes you’ll find on the CX™.
Chariot Carriers CX Features:
- Two colors to choose from
- Unique 5-point padded harness system
- Ergonomic handgrips for added comfort
- Deluxe 2-in-1 weather cover with Quickclip™ for
easy and silent access to the child compartment and Tough-Tek reinforcement fabric
- Zip down PU front window for added weather protection
- External mid-frame provides extra leg room and lower step-in height for your children
- Extra photo-luminescent Energlo® fabric for
- Widened child cockpit
- Deluxe front sun shade
- Deluxe removable padded seat with
- Hand lever activated rear drum brakes
- Ergonomic five alpposition HeightRight™ handlebar with removable brake lever
- Handlebar bag that doubles as a
- Extra large folding rear storage bag
- Rear wallet / key / phone pocket
- Complete mesh sidepanels with zip-off tinted polyurethane side windows
- Integrated premium Oxford nylon fabric
- Stridelite™ ready design
- Additional 3M™ Scotchlite™ reflective material
- CAS™ Chariot Adjustable Suspension
- 20” lightweight push button wheels with reflective sidewalls, red anodized hubs and maintenance free bearings
- Click n’ Store™ Brackets
In addition to this blog we own a small local bike shop. We are so small that selling on the internet helps us pay the bills and get through the long winter. If you need a Chariot we have them on our web store Peak to Peak Bicycles. Thanks for supporting us. Enter code VeloMom at checkout and receive 20% off your entire order plus free shipping in the USA!